Our first annual sustainability report is now available for you to download and read online.
When you purchase a pair of Outland Denims, you aren’t just buying a pair of jeans, you’re making an investment in positive change. You’re taking us up on our promise to create impact on your behalf.
Measuring from June 2019 - July 2020, this benchmark report reflects our definition of sustainability, encompassing our social, environmental, and economic results and achievements over the past 12 months, as well as our short and long term goals for improvement. It represents a welcome chance to stop and reset a new agenda for our company and our brand going forward.
- Moving to 100% leather-free.
- 85% of formerly at-risk Cambodian staff now at a reduced level of risk to exploitation after 6 months of employment at Outland Denim.
- Announcement of Maeka, a chance to expand and transform the fashion industry, and vulnerable communities, through manufacturing for other brands.
- Up to 86% less water, 57% less energy, and 83% less chemical used in our Wash and Finishing facility compared to conventional methods.
- 93% Natural Raw Materials used in the past 12 months.
- 250kg of biodegradable cassava bags replaced plastic poly bags for international transport of garments.
- Launch of Outland Denim onsite Health Clinic & Education Centre.
- 94% direct supply chain traceability that has also met strict social and environmental criteria.
- Launch of the most sustainable vintage-look denim on the market.
- 750 people, including staff and household members, impacted with stable employment at Outland Denim.
“At Outland Denim Freedom is our DNA. We hope you read this report and have hope that despite the challenges COVID-19 has presented to the world, purpose-driven-business that puts people and the planet first is the way forward.” said Outland Denim founding CEO James Bartle.
Download the 2020 Outland Denim Sustainability Report now to read about the incredible impact your purchase has had. The full download is available HERE